1. Do you keep track of the numbers of visitors?
Yes-with automatic systems
Weekends, holidays, half terms are very busy.
2. Do you frequently get asked by visitors for directions around the museum?
All the time
3. In case of an emergency is it useful/important to know how many people are dispersed in various locations?
It is the responsibility of each gallery assistant.
4. How do you control congestion?
Quite difficult, especially on school trips, where we organise specific times for each group visit.
5. Would it be useful if there was something informing you how full/empty the rooms were?